World News Media Congress: Media Viability (Sept. '22)
UNESCO, WAN-IFRA, and the Global Forum for Media Development are joining forces to organize a knowledge exchange between organizations providing media viability assistance and industry representatives
Keep The Lights On And The News Flowing: An exchange of tools, tactics and financial strategies from donor funded projects to support viable media businesses
Date: 28 September, 2022
Time: 10:30 - 12:30 CEST / 9:30 - 11:30 BST / 5:30 - 7:30 ET
Format: In-person (Zaragoza, Spain)
- Jason Lambert, Senior Director of Media Business, Internews
- Joan Chirwa, Founder, Free Press Initiative
- Joanna Krawcyk, President of the Board
- Gazeta Wyborcza, Foundation
- Ruth Kronenburg, Executive Director, Free Press Unlimited
- Lisa MacLeod, Principal Publishing Lead of the Sustainability Study project, Financial Times
Consultations about media viability and the impact of the different approaches have taken place in a variety of platforms, but require greater involvement of independent media and news publishers. This gap will be addressed specifically in a knowledge exchange on Media Viability at the 2022 WAN-IFRA World News Media Congress.
Moderated discussion on the application of media development organizations’ media viability approaches and tools, incl. feedback from news industry.
Knowledge Exchange on how to match knowledge needs with knowledge supply on media viability.